Find out if your Website is Mobile Friendly by entering YOUR website address into your Mobile Phone, and then check your site against the following checklist:
Can You Read It?
Can you easily read the text on screen, without scrolling left or right or zooming in or out?
Does your site load quickly? (Turn off your Wireless WiFi and switch to the 3G or 4G Data Plan on your phone, to simulate the lower transfer speeds of most mobile networks.)
Can You See the Important Things?
Can you see all the important and core content of your site in one or two screen views?
How Quick Can You Move to Another Page?
Can you quickly get to different pages, and find what you’re looking for?
If you answered NO, to any of these questions, your Website has NOT been designed to be viewed on a Mobile Device.
The latest growth in mobile internet use, suggests that by this time next year, about 50% of internet users will ONLY access the web from their Smart Phones.
Does your Website welcome Mobile Users with open arms or does it shoo them away, never to return again?
What’s the difference between a Desktop and a Mobile Website?
A mobile website caters to mobile device capabilities with features like:
- Scaled down, easy-to-read content with simplified navigation.
- Mobile specific landing pages without Flash, huge images, or unplayable videos.
- Clear Calls-to-Action at the top of the Mobile Site so the user does not have to scroll.
- Touch-friendly interface with buttons that are large enough to click on with your fingertip.
- Images with ”alt tags” just in case the page is slow to load.